Customer Service Representative
Job SummarySparx Hockey is seeking an exceptional full-time Customer Service Representative to join our rapidly growing team. You’re an ideal candidate if you’re outgoing, well-spoken, team-player and a problem-solver.
The Customer Service Representative will be the first point of contact for our customers and will be responsible for providing top-notch customer service. He or she will represent the Sparx Hockey brand in a friendly and helpful manner and report directly to the Vice President of Marketing & Customer Acquisition.
About UsFounded in 2013, Sparx Hockey is a privately held corporation located just outside of Boston in Acton, Mass. Sparx Hockey is a developer and manufacturer of skate sharpening equipment and related accessories for ice hockey, figure skating and sled hockey. The Sparx Sharpener, the company’s flagship product, is an affordable, automated product that allows anyone, anywhere, with no prior skate sharpening experience, to easily sharpen hockey and figure skates with pro-level accuracy. Thousands of customers in the U.S. and Canada are currently sharpening their skates with Sparx, including individuals, families, teams, rink operators and pro shops. The company is focused on building a leadership position in skate sharpening by providing customers with the most advanced, accurate and easy to use skate sharpening equipment on the planet.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide top-notch customer support in a timely, efficient manner via phone, email, social media and live chat
- Answer questions about products, pricing and availability
- Maintain and constantly improve working knowledge of company products and services
- Be available to respond to customer inquiries on nights and weekends
- Assist in order management and additional tasks as needed
Qualifications and Skills:The ideal candidate for this entry-level position has a friendly and courteous disposition with excellent written and oral communication skills. Hockey knowledge and experience is a plus, but not required. Also helpful is an Associate’s degree and experience in a customer-facing setting. This is an hourly position with a flexible schedule. This position will be located remotely to begin, but will eventually be located in our Acton, Mass. office. Some weekend hours will be needed but can be done from home. Hours may be cut back in the off-season (spring, summer).
- Attitude & Flexibility: You exude positive energy. You are going to represent Sparx Hockey and need to work well and cheerfully with others. You are respected as a team player. You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and adapt rapidly to shifting priorities and new marketplace dynamics.
- Drive for Results: Credibility earned through delivering results. You know how to balance getting the job done and getting the job done right. You have a commitment to excellence and take initiative to resolve problems.
- Effective Communication: You communicate clearly and effectively with associates at all levels, external partners and customers. Strong verbal and written presentation skills including the ability to communicate complex ideas in a simple way.
To apply, send resume and cover letter to Careers@sparxhockey.com