DIRECTOR, GLOBAL SOURCING
Sparx Hockey is seeking a Director, Global Sourcing to join our rapidly growing team. You’re an ideal candidate if you’re creative, hard-working, and a problem-solver.
The Director, Global Sourcing is responsible for developing a procurement strategy, conferring with industry experts and internal stakeholders, setting and realizing cost savings goals, fostering long term strategic relationships with key suppliers, and ensuring that our current and future business needs are met.
Founded in 2013, Sparx Hockey is a privately held corporation located just outside of Boston in Acton, Mass. Sparx Hockey is a developer and manufacturer of skate sharpening equipment and related accessories for ice hockey, figure skating and sled hockey. The Sparx Sharpener, the company’s flagship product, is an affordable, automated product that allows anyone, anywhere, with no prior skate sharpening experience, to easily sharpen hockey and figure skates with pro-level accuracy. Thousands of customers in the U.S. and Canada are currently sharpening their skates with Sparx, including individuals, families, teams, rink operators and pro shops. The company is focused on building a leadership position in skate sharpening by providing customers with the most advanced, accurate and easy to use skate sharpening equipment on the planet.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement a global sourcing strategy which ensures sustainable and stable long-term growth and cost management for the business.
- Develop vendor agreements to properly reflect the expectations of the business, including: performance KPIs, fixed and variable costs, lead-times, manufacturing capacities, quality standards, testing requirements, and defective product policies.
- Develop a competitive sourcing & procurement environment leading to continuous improvement in quality, cost, service, and technology
- Collaborate with Purchasing and Operations to execute on the procurement of assemblies, and components
Qualifications and Skills:
- 15+ years of experience with sourcing materials globally, having managed cost & strategy; specifically relating to mechanical and electrical components and materials.
- Knowledge of and experience with component fabrication methods such as metal extruding, machining, plastic injection molding, metal stamping, and sheetmetal fabrication.
- Experience with the assembly of electromechanical products and the sourcing of PCBs, cable assemblies, and related electrical and electromechancial components.
- Experience with sourcing product packaging including corrugated and foam products
- Versed in foreign trade agreements, ensuring manufacturing activities are properly governed and protected via robust contracts.
- Skilled and experienced negotiating vendor terms & pricing.
- Experience working with contract manufacturers as well as 2nd tier suppliers.
- Comfortable working independently while still being an active contributor on collaborative teams
- A./B.S. in Business, Supply Chain, Engineering or a related field.
- Up to 25% travel
- Fluency in Mandarin (both written and verbal) a plus.
No relocation available, local candidates only. No agency submissions accepted at this time.