We are seeking a Senior Accountant to join our team. This candidate will play a key role in all accounting functions, including monthly close, financial statement production, reconciliations, and work papers. This role will interact directly with all levels and areas of the organization and maintain financial statements according to generally accepted accounting principles. This position will support the Vice President. We are looking for a positive, proactive, self-starter. The successful candidate must be a hands-on problem solver.
Founded in 2013, Sparx Hockey is a privately held corporation located just outside of Boston in Acton, Mass. Sparx Hockey is a developer and manufacturer of skate sharpening equipment and related accessories for ice hockey, figure skating and sled hockey. The Sparx Sharpener, the company’s flagship product, is an affordable, automated product that allows anyone, anywhere, with no prior skate sharpening experience, to easily sharpen hockey and figure skates with pro-level accuracy. Thousands of customers in the U.S. and Canada are currently sharpening their skates with Sparx, including individuals, families, teams, rink operators and pro shops. The company is focused on building a leadership position in skate sharpening by providing customers with the most advanced, accurate and easy to use skate sharpening equipment on the planet.
In addition to Sparx Hockey’s exceptional products and record-setting growth, we also pride ourselves on being a fun place to work. Although it’s not an employment prerequisite, many of our employees still play, coach, and parent hockey players. We do more than just build great hockey products, we use them ourselves. When we’re not working hard or playing hockey our team can be found having a blast at our annual summer outing and impromptu barbeques that fill in the rest of the Sparx annual event calendar.
Our global headquarters are located in Acton, MA and house the R&D, Operations, Marketing, and Sales teams as well as our production lines and warehouse/distribution center.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Preparing and posting journal entries, maintaining the general ledger, and preparing financial statements according to GAAP
- Reviewing balance sheet accounts and preparing all appropriate audit work papers and reconciliations to support balance and transactions
- Ensure all entries and adjustments are booked timely and accurately
- Takes lead with transactional closing statements and closing journal entries
- Track fixed asset purchases, sales, disposals, and impairments
- Maintain monthly revenue recognition and job costing analysis
- Proposing and executing process improvements and system enhancements to increase effectiveness and efficiency
- Exercise critical thinking in operational, financial, or transactional analysis to identify and help resolve any issues that may arise during the closing process
- Protects operations by keeping financial information confidential
Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- CPA Preferred
- Minimum 5 years of industry experience or minimum 3 years in public accounting, including experience with GL accounting, journal entries, reconciliations, and US GAAP
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy of work
- Outstanding organizational and time-management abilities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong ethics and reliability
- 401K with company match
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid holidays
No relocation available, local candidates only. No agency submissions accepted at this time.
TO APPLY VISIT: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/3043131521/
NOTICE: JOB HIRING SCAMS ARE POPULAR THESE DAYS
Announcement from the FBI:
- Sparx Hockey will never ask potential hires to chat with Sparx Employees through any chat service.
- Sparx Hockey will never request new hires to make purchases for anything prior to starting employment.
- Sparx Hockey will never ask for personal information, such as I9 supporting materials, prior to starting employment.
- Sparx Hockey will never send emails originating from URLs besides www.sparxhockey.com (no redirects)
- Sparx Hockey will never offer jobs on job board that do not match the job title and description shown on sparxhockey.com/pages/careers (no redirects)
If you are ever have a question concerning the legitimacy of a job offer from Sparx Hockey, contact email@example.com