VIDEO & DIGITAL CONTENT PRODUCER
Sparx Hockey is seeking a Video & Digital Content Producer to join our rapidly growing team. You’re an ideal candidate if you’re a creative, hard-working, highly-competitive, team-player and a problem-solver. The Sparx Hockey Video & Digital Content Producer will lead the design, development, production process, creation, and continuous improvement of Sparx Hockey’s video-based and digitally-enabled content.
As Video & Digital Content Producer, you will be an important member of the Sparx Hockey marketing team, reporting directly to the Vice President, Marketing & Customer Acquisition. In this integral role, you will be responsible for helping to further develop the Sparx brand and build deep connections with hockey consumers around the world.
Founded in 2013, Sparx Hockey is a privately held corporation located just outside of Boston in Acton, Mass. Sparx Hockey is a developer and manufacturer of skate sharpening equipment and related accessories for ice hockey, figure skating and sled hockey. The Sparx Sharpener, the company’s flagship product, is an affordable, automated product that allows anyone, anywhere, with no prior skate sharpening experience, to easily sharpen hockey and figure skates with pro-level accuracy. Thousands of customers in the U.S. and Canada are currently sharpening their skates with Sparx, including individuals, families, teams, rink operators and pro shops. The company is focused on building a leadership position in skate sharpening by providing customers with the most advanced, accurate and easy to use skate sharpening equipment on the planet.
In addition to Sparx Hockey’s exceptional products and record-setting growth, we also pride ourselves on being a fun place to work. Although it’s not an employment prerequisite, many of our employees still play, coach, and parent hockey players. We do more than just build great hockey products, we use them ourselves. When we’re not working hard or playing hockey our team can be found having a blast at our annual summer outing and impromptu barbecues that fill in the rest of the Sparx annual event calendar.
Our global headquarters are located in Acton, MA and are home to our R&D, Operations, Marketing, Sales, and Finance teams as well as our production lines and warehouse/distribution center.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ability to shoot and gather video and still image assets and edit those assets into engaging, consumer-facing content for use across a wide variety of media channels including social, web and broadcast
- You will contribute thoughts and ideas to the overall marketing strategy and will hold a key role in the execution of that strategy.
- You will be a great visual and video storyteller.
- Must have the ability to take on multiple projects simultaneously, producing professional quality content from concept through completion, while meeting overall corporate and brand goals.
- Work with Social Media team to produce and post relevant content for all Sparx Hockey social media channels.
- Collaborate with the User Acquisition Team to fully understand various customer personas and develop the best possible content to deliver overall brand message and drive sales.
- Responsible for delivering projects within assigned budget parameters and on tight deadlines.
- Assist in developing the content production team within the organization.
- Work alongside professional hockey players and top social media influencers.
Qualifications and Skills:
- AA/BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of total experience
- Strong video gathering and editing experience required with extensive experience using graphics and video software (Adobe Premier, Adobe After Effects, etc.)
- Extensive experience with digital videography/photography and in-depth knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with direct-to-consumer marketing or online marketing campaigns
- Extremely organized, self-motivated and detail oriented
- Resourceful, self-reliant and creative in finding ways to solve tough business problems
- Excellent writer and editor with an ability to generate strong story ideas
- Deep understanding of social media best practices, trends and growth strategies
- Detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- Passion for hockey and/or sports is a plus
- Some travel required
No relocation available, local candidates only. No agency submissions accepted at this time.
TO APPLY - VISIT: https://sparxhockey.typeform.com/to/D1uEu6xQ
NOTICE: JOB HIRING SCAMS ARE POPULAR THESE DAYS
Announcement from the FBI:
- Sparx Hockey will never ask potential hires to chat with Sparx Employees through any chat service.
- Sparx Hockey will never request new hires to make purchases for anything prior to starting employment.
- Sparx Hockey will never ask for personal information, such as I9 supporting materials, prior to starting employment.
- Sparx Hockey will never send emails originating from URLs besides www.sparxhockey.com (no redirects)
- Sparx Hockey will never offer jobs on job board that do not match the job title and description shown on sparxhockey.com/pages/careers (no redirects)
If you are ever have a question concerning the legitimacy of a job offer from Sparx Hockey, contact email@example.com